Thursday, June 4, 2015

Week 13 : Intensified Exercises


Intensified physiotherapy session started on June 2nd, 2015 and it gets better. I was given 4 exercises today. On June 2nd, 2015, I was given 4 exercises too. And one of it was shown in the video above. And while it was recording, I was exactly 3 months after surgery.
The pain is still there. Muscles were screaming in pain and you have no idea how much effort it took for me to not to scream or even squeaked. Let me emphasized - A WHOLE LOT!

I brought up the idea to one of physiotherapist, Joey, that I would want to have my progress be recorded in a form of video. This is to keep track of my progress and also remind myself the type exercises that I can do at home or even in the office. 

All these look simple to normal people. Trust me. When you are as bad as me, all these exercises seem like a challenge. The mentality I have each time my physiotherapist throws a new exercise for me is that I will want to perfect it. I want to be as normal as I can. And if possible, normal. Completely normal. As though I never did any surgery before.
In the video above, the exercise was given to me for the very first time and I had succeeded in executing it. To me, it was not perfect. If there was a machine that could screen me at that point, I can bet that my bones were doing the jiggy. And my muscles were struggling to transform into... Optimus Prime. Okay. I am exaggerating.
Point is, my knees have yet to obtain perfect control on this slowly-sitting-down move. Further elaboration of the exercise above :-
1.  At standing position, part both legs to the side. The parting is measured based on the width of  the shoulder.
2.  Both foot has to face to the front.
3.  Slowly bend the knees. Buttock to the back. For better balancing, place both hands to the front. 
4.  Keep lowering your buttock until it almost touches the seat.
5.  Hold on to this position for 10 seconds. At this point, the glute and quads are tighten up. Same goes to the muscles around the calves and feet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment