Sunday, August 2, 2015

Week 21 of Recovery : Learning More from My Orthopedic

I had more than I bargained for in yesterday's follow-up with my orthopedic. What did I get? You are about to find out once you start reading this post.

In my previous follow-up, doctor was pressuring me to shed some pounds. I do understand the importance of shedding those few extra kilos. The burden on my knees would not help much in expediting the recovery. Therefore, I was under some certain amount of pressure in losing them.

Yesterday's follow-up was a really brief one. I did the usual catwalk and he discovered that my left foot is not walking in a position where the toe should face to the front. It tilted outward.

He accessed me and moved both my knees to bending position and listened for any clicking sound. Amazingly, he heard nothing. But, I on the other hand, heard a really almost quiet click on the left. Sometimes, I need not need to hear it. I just can feel the movement of the muscles and the building pressure on the knee before it goes to full bending position. And normally, I will hear a click.

Something which I do not like at all.

Upon assessing, he told me to give another round of catwalk. And I did. And this this he said the gap between both my legs are too far apart. It should be two fingers apart rather than four, as what he saw in me. 

And this where the interesting part starts.

Doctor : You should not have such far gap between your legs. That is too much.
Me : Then?
Doctor : Tell me why this happened.
Me : First thing is... I do know it is too far apart. And the second thing is... I do went and find out why this happened. 
Doctor : And?
Me : And I went to check on my pants to see if I could find out anything and I did.
Doctor : And?
Me : ( Impatient doctor ) So, the inner side of my pants got some roughed up parts. So, the best logical explanation is that there are excess meat on the inner side of my legs.
Doctor : And they are rubbing together and that boils down to... ( looking at me with a stern face )
Me : Unnecessary fats...
Doctor : Precisely. And that is why I told you to... ( looking at me expecting the answer that he wants to hear from my mouth )
Me : Lose weight...
Doctor : And right you go! And did you lose any?
Me : About a kilo.
Doctor : So keep losing!
Me : ( Gosh! Hate it when he said that. But, darn it. He is freaking right! )

And that is not all. He showed me an interesting app where he strongly encourage me to purchase. So, I got home and did some research on the apps and ended up with a problematic password accessing issue now. 

Gosh!


No comments:

Post a Comment