Sunday, August 16, 2015

Week 23rd of Recovery : Not Relying on the Cane

It has been two weeks that I have not held my cane. Yes, I am cane-less now. And I am praying that I can be totally cane-less once and for all.

My colleagues are so supportive of me throughout the period of recovering. And whenever I tag along for lunch, they will definitely want me to choose the place. And all of them are patient enough to wait for me to come down from the stairs. Yes, the stairs.

At this point of my recovery, I am getting stronger in conquering the stairs. Much less pain to the knees. Only downside of it is that I strained the muscles which are not suppose to be strained. And this always happens to the side of the knees. Off and on there would be other pain like pain on the calves, hip and quads.

While I work on perfecting my balance in going up the stairs, I am also concentrating on going down the stairs. And this is the tough one. The pain is very much there. Sometimes more pain and sometimes lesser. When the muscles around the knees are tired, I have no other choice then to turn my body slightly sideway and get down the stairs. Well, at least I am getting down without a cane or a clutch. Not as bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment