Sunday, June 15, 2014

Vivid Image of Granny Appeared

Something incredible happened to me a few nights ago.

It has been more than a week when I started sleeping in the living room. The same DIY bed where my granny used to sleep. A place where I felt so belong. So secure. So loved.

There were nights where I lie down and tears started to flow freely from my eyes. Memories of my granny came back to me. I dare not look at the photos I took of granny for fear of breaking down and crying myself to sleep.

Funny. I mean I used to be able to  see those photos without fear of crying. But, now I do. Why? I do not know still.

And like any other night, I looked up to the ceiling and wondered away with the day's activities which I did. I fell asleep within minutes. Every few hours I would wake up to check on the main door and my surroundings.

I still have this feeling where I got up and be looking around as though things were not in place and I felt insecure if I left out something which required my attention. I doze back to sleep in seconds.

And while in the midst of ...maybe sleeping and dreaming, I felt this sudden warmness that sweeps through my body. Despite the ultimately hot weather, I felt as though the temperature was just right for me. I opened my eyes, enough to peek through my eyelids. And it was that moment I saw a vivid picture of granny standing in front of me.

I was at eased and secured like a kid. I could not make myself say a word to her and immediately fell asleep again. Suppose the medication I took was too strong and it was impossible to fight awake.

Granny, I wish to see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment