Monday, February 23, 2015

Preparing My Mind & Stamina

I have been informed by my therapists that I my mobility would be quite limited. However, it is also depends on the individual itself. They have complete faith in me that I would have excellent recovery since I have equipped myself with 6 months of physiotherapy and rehab therapy sessions. I trained 3 times a week with every session last between 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

The sessions get more aggressive as time passes by. And with the much anticipated day drawing near, my rehab therapists expect the best out of me with extension of time for certain exercises and also pushing my strength to the max.

Nevertheless, they have been great. Most of them have become a friend to me too. I got myself an optimistic Joey, photography enthusiast Gan, cute Farid, humourous Chun, and more. The list is way long than I anticipated.

I am briefed of what to be expected during recovery and also timeline of progression of my recovery. With that, I also set a personal goal of beating another patient in terms of encouraging recovery and strength.

While I gorge down with lots of festive food especially my ever so favourite pineapple tarts and put on a good 2 kilo within 2 days time, I am quite positive that I would do well for the entire ordeal.  Hope that the therapists won't get a good shock of their life knowing that I put on quite a great deal of pounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment