Sunday, February 22, 2015

Preparing Myself

I am like about a week away from the day where I thought would be a good present for my 34th birthday. Believe me, I am trying to be as optimistic as I can; knowing the long road ahead of me.

I told my physiotherapists and rehab therapists that I would give my best in working hand in hand with them not just for my sake but for everyone in my life who truly cares about me. Despite dreading the fact that I would not be as mobile as I am now ( though there are some limitation of some sort ), I know, maybe we all know, what is best to be done now is always for a lifelong benefit. Well, the time has come. After 6 months of rehab and physio theraphy, my strength ( both mental and physical ) would be put to test.

My weekends, for the past couple of weeks, been busy putting away things in my room, making spaces in the house, ditching off unwanted items, stocking up on my personal toiletries ( which I think I may need more ) for the coming 3 to 4 months, compiling contact details ranging from work to medical needs etc.

There are friends who called me up for a drink, knowing that they may not see for a while in future till hopefully 3 months later. I took the opportunity to gorge down my favourite food before the long road ahead of me arrive.

Most meaningful thing to me is that my cellgroup family been there for me the best they can. I can never thank them enough for finding me a really beautiful nursing home. Jennifer ( the owner who runs the nursing home ) is truly only understanding woman and indeed wise in many ways. It is a small home with 10 occupants and a number of caretakers. I believe I would be in good hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment