Monday, May 12, 2014

Letter to Granny no. 3

Forever in loving memory - Loh Yet Wah


Dear Granny,

Today is a public holiday. I have done with some minor chores and even lunch. Had this wonderfully delicious Sibu instant Kampua brought by a loving friend from Sibu. The young chap is such a wonderful fella that you cannot resist talking to. Has such a wonderful soul in him.

Like every other public holiday or weekend, in the morning, I made my way for breakfast. We used to hang about in the village where I grew up. So many things have changed and more development coming under way. I personally do not like the new developed look. 

Remember the time you fell off the bicycle one fine afternoon after coming home from the sundry shop? You were angry. And the young me, being rebellious, answered that it was not my fault. Which is true and you knew that and that was why you did not scold me further. Or else, I would have been scolded. You would never punish me, that is for sure ( smiling ).

The house we used to stay ( where you fell off the bicycle ) is now turned to an internet cafe. I showed you before while we drove by. I do not know if you recognized it. But, yes. All are memories now. The orange gate is now painted in red ( like I showed you ).

I wished I had the money to buy that house. So much wonderful memories we had. Good ones.

Love you and missing you much always and forever.

Love,
Aby

No comments:

Post a Comment