Sunday, April 19, 2015

It Ain't Funny, Doc!

On 10th April, I did a follow-up with doctor. I was about to sit myself down on the bed for him to inspect my knees when he sat on the other side of his office and told me to walk without my elbow clutch.
My eyes the size of sesame seeds went bigger.
Doc : Don't tell me you didn't curi-curi walk without clutches before...
Me : ( still looking at him surprised ).. I...
Doc : Small steps. Don't tell me you didn't...
Me : Yes, I did but...
Doc : Good. I know one! So, now... walk for me! Do some catwalks. Three rounds. I want to see.
And I walked.
Doc : Eh! Why so fast?!
Me : Why?! Why?! Wrong? Am I doing this wrong?! ( panic stricken )
Doc : No (smiling). No... not wrong. Continue walking.
Me : ( in my mind was " Apalah! Buat suspend orang je ... )
Doc : You know what? You walked as though you just kena sunat. And only thing missing here is the sarong...
Me : ( This ain't fun I am tellig ya... ) Muscles still weak. What do you expect, doc? My knees can suddenly gaveway and I might end up in the OT...
Doc : ( still teasing me about the way I walked and told it to the nurse who was watching too )
Me : ( This ain't fun... ) I am serious, doc...
Doc : You're progressing and your right leg will be a strong leg like I told you before.
Me : You fixed me and you know better than I know my knees. So long I do my part (physiotherapy).
Doc : Okay. You can wear your shoes.
Me : ( Obviously he forgot the challenge he threw at me two weeks ago ) That's all?
Doc : Yes.
Me : ( Adjusting my seat next to him ) Obviously you forgot.
Doc : What did I forget?
Me : Wait. You'll see.
Doc : See what?
Me : You will see. Wait.
Doc : What is it?
Me : Patience, doc. Patience...( Still adjusting my seat )
Then I stood up from the chair without my hands supporting myself. Doctor went amazed. Took a seat back.
Doc : Do it again! (All excited)
Me : Haiya... Again...
And I did it again.
Doc : Great! In three weeks time, I want to see you stand on one leg and hold for a minute.
Me : Huh?! (Aiyooo... why la I reminded him of the challenge?!?!)
Doc : Yup.
Me : I regret of reminding you. Next time I won't.
Doc : Next time you won't need to cos I am writing this down.
Me : ( Me and my big mouth -__- )

No comments:

Post a Comment