Sunday, May 24, 2015

Week 11th : Doctor Was Impressed

Me and doctor bumped into each other on 21 May 2015. I was there for my physiotherapy session and he was happy to see me. I, on the other hand, not really that excited. Mainly because I did not want the topic of the nursing home to be brought up. 

Doc   : Ah... Finally... I get to see you here!
Me    : Hi, doc.
Doc   : How are you progressing?
Me    : Okay.
Doc   : Tell me you can run.
Me    : And you know well that this will be like a year from now?
Doc   : This is important. You are important.
Me    : Every patient is important.
Doc  : But, you are a priced patient.
Me   : Priced as in P-R-I...what?
Doc  : C-E-D. Priced patient. Important.
Me   : All patients are. 

He walked away and told a female patient of something which I did not listen because I was in pain while a physiotherapist massaged one of my ankle.

Doc   : But, I heard somebody want to zumba ( and the conversation continues when he walked back to the end of the bed I was sitting on )
Me    : ( And how on earth he knew that? I have no idea )... ( silent )
Doc   : Unless I heard it wrongly. Or did I?
Me    : ( still keeping quiet )
Doc   : You got to walk well first.
Me    : Which reminds me of something. I will show you later since she is massaging my knees.

Moments later, before I could show him what I intend to show...

Doc   : Come. Walk for me now. Come.
Me    : Basically that is what I want to show you because last time, for the second time, you said I walked like someone who just got circumcised ( some little giggles was heard )

And I did my catwalk. I could not give it a damn if I walked like a crab or whatever.

Doc   : How long are you now ( into recovery ) from the day of surgery?
Me    : This is the 11th week after surgery.
Doc   : ( all smiling broadly )

The next day I received a Facebook message from one of the physiotherapists who treats me. And the message is...

Facebook message from one of my physiotherapists

Doctor was impressed. Impressed with the way I walked. Senior therapist reported to me with a serious face of how impressed doctor was. The way I walked was normal. The thing is, the fear of the sudden muscle cramps and sudden locking of the knees or failure of extension of one of the knees were there. You have no idea the possible dangers I might be at! 

For me, I am grateful for a lot of things. And I must say that I could never be where I am now if it was not for the Lord's mercy and grace on me. Truly. All praises to the Lord. 

Everyone ( as in the doctor, the physiotherapists, rehab therapists, my great cell family, my friends and colleagues, they have been fabulous. Thank you Julie for recommending me to the doctor too. Dad been cool in being my mini bodyguard throughout the last few weeks. The nursing centre played a great role too as they were there for me for 5 solid weeks, right after me being discharged from the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment