Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Speaking from Experience

I noticed some improvement with my knees. Lesser pain to the knees each time I lift up my legs from the floor to the bed and vice versa.
Had a tiring session yesterday with solid 4 hours of physiotherapy. Today is a lighter one. Never a session where I would miss out SLR as it is the toughest form of exercise for me. The soreness and pain and struggles in contracting and locking my knees and ankles in lifting it up.
Boon was right. Days do passed by quickly when you have physiotherapy sessions about half the day. Fighting pain and also gritting your way through with some exercises in order to give the good ol' wake to the weak muscles.
I skipped lunch at nursing home and ate nasi lemak with rendang ayam today. Uber my way back to nursing home in a Viva. Got to remind myself not to head home immediately after physiotherapy if the time coincide with lunch hour. Traffic was bad.
Was looking back at photos of the day I was in hospital. Reminded me of a lot of things which happened. It feels like as though it happened just yesterday. Should I say " What a journey it has been.. "? Maybe it is way too early to say so.
Sitting comfortably on the bed now, I asked myself if I would want to be where I am in another year time. I asked myself if I should take a leap of faith and listen to the wisdom of many of my close friends. I think I should. No... not I think. I should. That is the right word.

No comments:

Post a Comment