Thursday, March 19, 2015

Miracles & Glory to God

Right after surgery

Up and about in a couple days time!
Cannot believe that today has been 17 days after the surgery. I have started to use elbow clutch as per therapists advice.
I would not forget the day when doc told me to put my legs down from the bed. Most painful moment. It was the 15th days of Chinese New Year. Customarily, a day where young ladies and young chaps would find love.
I, on the other hand, on the day itself, made a call to one of my beloved therapists and cried my heart out, despite being told of the possible temporary complications and battling not just physical pain but emotional pain as well.
The day I was tested was the day I cried to one of my closest friend, over the phone, that I could not withstand the pain and to God that it is too much to bear. There is so much painkillers could do. The rest, as they said and I believed, is that I need to overcome.
As nerve wrecking as it was, I took those painful steps. Doc had the utmost confidence in me. Nurses had the patience with me. My cell families was there for me carrying with them love and taking turns to visit me daily during my course of stay in the hospital. Friends I known in Griefwalk came to see me. The moment I opened my eyes, one of them was there and she came more than once to give support.
My beloved therapists are ever so supportive and have complete faith in me that I would recover well. They welcomed me with smiles the first day I got to rehab centre for my physiotherapy. I had small surprises in between the sessions. Not only discovering my capabilities each time I got there for sessions, I also found possible lasting friendships.
The folks, whom I prefer to call as housemates are ever so adorable. Reminds me of my past. And in certain ways, reminds me of my late granny. I love them. Adorable and sweet. Their wisdom ever amazes me. Who says grannies ain't fun?
I really am grateful for everything I have now. I truly do. God has good plans for me. Plans I may not know of still... I discovered things about myself. Things I never knew before this.
It is not about the gifts. But the thoughts. I am easily contented even with a message or call. Knowing I am in their prayers or thoughts.
My journey in life is long. Obstacles which I know will strengthen me and brings together closeness of friendships.
I cherish every moment I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment